Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Guardians Of The Galaxy" Updates



Sneak Peek the first new action set images from director James Gunn's currently filming, Marvel Studios' 3D feature "Guardians Of The Galaxy", including close-up shots of actress Glenn Close ("Fatal Attraction") in make-up and wardrobe as the alien character 'Nova Prime'.


The sequence involved shooting in London, UK on the 'Millennium Bridge', with members of the 'Nova Corps' guiding background performers on the run, in 'alien' make-up and wardrobe.


"Guardians Of The Galaxy" is based on Marvel Comics' superhero team, created by writer Steve Englehart and illustrator Steve Gan:


"...when jet pilot 'Peter Quill' (Chris Pratt) gets stranded in space, he must unite a diverse team of 'aliens'...


"He then forms a squad capable of defeating cosmic threats..."


"I was very specific that I wanted it to be somebody really extraordinary," said director Gunn about his casting choice for 'Star-Lord', aka 'Peter Quill'.


"I really had Robert Downey Jr. in mind a lot. 


"You had this guy who came in and he inhabited Tony Stark, when you first saw Tony Stark he blew your mind, you couldn’t believe what you were seeing.


"I knew that I needed somebody to blow my mind like that. We saw a lot of very famous guys for the role, a lot of very well-known people, and very, very good actors. 


"We saw a lot of good performances, but it wasn’t until Chris (Pratt) came in and he read and I was like, ‘oh my God’, this guy has his own, very particular, amazing take on the character...


"...that blew my mind, blew me away. Then I thought, this is the first guy I could see sharing the screen with Robert Downey Jr. and giving him a run for his money."



Click the images to enlarge...